It’s no news that the summer season is not yet over in Southwest Florida. Florida has been known as the summer capital of the United States.
However, it is also known as a place where hurricanes visit due to its geographical location. Those who are heading back to the north will leave their home in Southwest Florida, you might need to have a checklist on what to do to be prepared with the hurricane season while you are away.
Here is a checklist that will come in handy to prepare yourself if a should hurricane hits:
- Insurance – Take consideration of your home and property insurance. Always prepare and keep your documents safe and readily available. Take Photos of your home prior to leaving for up North. Items left behind, as they were of each room.
- Housekeeper – Be it a friend, neighbor, or family member, ask someone to be your lookout for the house while you are away.
- Indoor problems – You can also ask the person that you have requested to watch over your house to check for any indoor problems that might occur. He/she can check for leaks or mold growth.
- Contact Information – Prepare a contact list of the people who have keys to your home. This includes the property manager, family members, neighbor, friends, or hired service personnel. In this way, it’s easier to contact them when problems arise or maybe you can review who no longer need an access to your home, too.
- Humidity – Always keep track of the level of humidity inside your home. Check for the thermostat, sprinkler system, and light timers. Always keep track of these to avoid any problems in the future.
- Alarm System – you have to also check your alarm system if it’s functional while you are away. Store necessary documents and valuables in a safe in case of theft or burglary.
- Restoration Company – Keep ServiceMaster by Wright’s Restoration phone number handy in case of an emergency .This company has a 24/7 emergency assistance so that any time a problem arises, they are ready to respond. Choose ServiceMaster by Wright If you are in Bonita Springs, Bradenton, Cape Coral, Englewood, Fort Myers, Longboat Key, Naples, Marco Island, Sarasota, Siesta Key, and Venice, FL, we are the best company that you can count on when it comes to storm damage restorations. You can call us at 866-676-7761 toll free or visit our website for our local numbers servicemasterrestorations.com
Being prepared and proactive makes it so much easier to be reactive. Call ServiceMaster if you have any questions about hurricane preparedness. We are the experts at restoring peace of mind.
ServiceMaster by Wright proudly offers its clients in all areas the opportunity to visit any of our satellite offices throughout SWFL between the hours of 8 – 5. Rest assured our emergency response team is available 24 hours a day and will respond to your needs 365 days a year 24/7.