Advanced Planning Can Save You, Your Family and Your Home
As residents brace for Hurricane Inevitable, ServiceMaster Clean is ready to assist and help you reduce property damage. As the experts in disaster restoration, ServiceMaster Clean makes the following recommendations.
- Stock up on emergency supplies. Have a week’s supply of water, plenty of nonperishable food items and refill necessary prescriptions for all family members including pets.
- Create an evacuation route for all family members. Identify two meeting places: one outside your home and one outside your neighborhood, in case you cannot return home. Make sure all parties have the address and phone number of the meeting place outside your neighborhood.
- Identify the location of community shelters.
- Fill your vehicle’s gas tank and make sure you have a car charger for your cell phone.
- Review and understand your insurance coverage. Understand your deductibles for hurricane damage. Investigate flood insurance.
Protect Your Property
- Bring in loose items outside your home that can be picked up by strong winds.
- Close windows, doors and hurricane shutters. If you don’t have hurricane shutters, board up windows and doors with 1/2” marine plywood.
- Turn off propane tanks and unplug small appliances. If you lose power or you’ll leave your property, shut off the main switches in the circuit breaker box.
- Take photo/video of the exterior and interior of your home. Take vital documents (birth certificates, social security cards, bank records, etc.) must be with you.