Whether you maintain the property or head up housekeeping, you understand how vital it is to keep your assisted living facility clean. Sparkling fresh rooms remain significant for the well-being of residents, visitors, and staff as well. It’s always ideal for you to review your comprehensive cleaning guidelines and reset schedules as demanded. This checklist of nursing home cleaning Estero is devised to present a base for creating a template tailored to your assisted living facility.
Keeping Nursing Homes Clean in Estero: Your advanced cleaning checklist
This cleaning duties checklist for nursing home settings is segmented into daily, weekly, and monthly recommendations. The guidelines pertain to residents’ chambers and facility-wide spaces such as common areas, waiting rooms, bathrooms, etc.
Housekeeping duties in a nursing home on a daily basis
These daily guidelines further assure a healthful setting throughout your nursing home facility. Avoid exposing inmates to harsh and poisonous chemicals by applying mild disinfectants for overall cleaning.
- Wipe all the surfaces of private rooms and shared areas several times a day.
- Disinfect touch points, including door & cabinet handles, handrails, lamp switches, and shared electronics to avoid contamination.
- Mop floors, vacuum carpets and investigate doormats for manifestations of wear and falling hazards.
- Keep the kitchen and pantry area free of dirty dishes, wipe the appliances off, and inspect refrigerators for spoiled items.
- Clean and disinfect toilet showers, tubs, whirlpools, sinks, countertops, and toilet seats.
- Collect all used and dirty linens in heavy, fluid-resistant fabric bags, and send them to the laundry chamber in covered linen carts.
- Tie garbage bags before eliminating them from containers, and be wary of any cracks that might spill contents.
Weekly Nursing home cleaning duties
Stay ahead of heavy cleaning tasks in a nursing home facility with weekly housekeeping chores, which can be a DIY procedure or must be left to companies offering nursing homes cleaning Estero. These projects also present possibilities to validate the state and safe handling of doorways, windows, dormers, and light fixtures.
- Vacuum furnishings and cushions, wipe drapes and clean windowpane blinds.
- Dust light fittings and check bulb model and wattage to establish safe handling with each fixture.
- Clean and straighten up the kitchen cabinets, refrigerators, pantries, and overall supply storage areas.
- Polish the interior door windows, glass room partitions, windows, and sliding glass doors inside & out.
- Clean hardwood and metal gates and check hardware, door depots, and lock mechanisms to ensure a safe setting for the patients, staff, and residents.
- Inspect sink & floor drain in bathrooms and kitchens for clogs or signs of mold and mildew or water damage.
Monthly cleaning schedule in nursing homes
Work with staff to outline monthly cleaning schemes in your nursing home facility. It would be ideal to call professionals to regularly address these jobs, making it more hospitable to keep up with daily & weekly housekeeping duties.
- The professionals will implement a plan to thoroughly clean indoor cabinets and pantries along with the clean kitchen appliance interiors.
- They would carry out an inspection method to check the food kept in refrigerators, cabinets, and pantries for freshness and expiration dates.
- They’ll clean overhead light fittings, ceiling fans, fire sprinkler systems, and review smoke alarms.
- Wiping down the walls as well as baseboards in each room with an eye out for any indications of dampness caused because of hidden leaks is also the job of a professional.
- The professionals are apt to clean ceiling & wall, air vents, grills, and change out HVAC filters.
- Professionals offer carpet cleaning services where they steam-clean carpets and area rugs, wax, and buff hardwood floors.
Why outsourcing big cleaning projects for nursing homes is an ideal bet?
It’s often practical to outsource well-known cleaning companies. Hiring a cleaning company keeps the cost of hiring equipment, tools, and other specialized machines and purchasing specific products. It’s also more dependable to leave such heavy jobs in the hands of industry-certified experts. Some of the advantages of bringing in an experienced cleaning contractor to get the job done are-
- Professionally cleaned furniture and fittings retain interiors clean and prolong the fabrics and frames’ life.
- Carpet & rug care cover deep cleaning and stain protection procedures explicit to fiber and padding kinds.
- Tile counter, floor, and surface disinfection are done by them that also includes deep grout disinfecting.
- Professionally cleaned HVAC systems help keep healthy air quality throughout the nursing home.
- You usually go for green cleaning when you hire professional contractors, have the option of customized scheduling, and one-time project options are all available.
- In case of fire or water damage, you can depend on a full-service cleaning company offering Sarasota Water Extraction for restoration services.
Nursing homes present unique housekeeping challenges. One such company on which you can rely is ServiceMaster by Wright. The company has a full line of certified nursing home cleaning services and is there to address emergencies as well.