Can Mold Make You Sick?

Can Mold Make You Sick?

Can mold make you sick?

If you are frequently getting sinus infections or just feeling under the weather, there may be dangers-of-mold source that the sickness is coming from that you didn’t expect. Mold can definitely make you and your family ill, and you likely don’t even know that you have it in your home. Having mold grow in your home is a very dangerous thing. It can affect your health and the health of your family. Call Us Now! (866) 676-7761 Servicing all of Lee County, Cape Coral, North Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, Sanibel, Captiva Island, Pine Island Florida and surrounding cities. We specialize in mold removal and remediation services.

Few people understand that mold is a major source of indoor air pollution, but knowing this could prevent them from continuing to get sick, and maybe even save their life. Some known places that mold could be growing in your home are in wet areas, such as the shower and a damp basement, but it could also be growing in places harder to detect like underneath your carpet or in wood. If you suspect you may have mold in your home, contacting a mold cleanup service as soon as possible could stop you from getting sick and leave you worry free about your family’s health. Illness from mold exposure can mask itself with some common symptoms that can easily be confused with other ailments such as lack of sleep. Some of these symptoms are fatigue, shortness of breath, and headaches. These symptoms could be a sign of something very serious, if you experience them you should contact a mold cleanup service as soon as possible for remedy. Black mold, however, is a different and more serious threat to your home. This type of mold can cause severe respiratory problems and can sometimes even be fatal. Black mold removal is vital if you are having symptoms such as cough, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Black mold can also cause mental impairment, issues with breathing, can damage internal organs, and it some cases can cause death. If you have any of these symptoms or suspect black mold in your home, contact a mold cleanup service immediately for the removal of black mold.

Just how far reaching the effects of mold may be is yet to be determined. What is clear is that living or working in a moldy home or building is ill advised. The obvious response is to address water intrusion issues promptly and thoroughly, before mold has a chance to grow. ServiceMaster Restoration is the industry leader in professional water damage mitigation and restoration services and stands ready to serve you.

Close Menu
shares